BMW 2002 Tii LHD 1974
BMW 2002 Tii LHD 1974
Ready to compete.
This BMW is a very good choice for classic rally, endurance rally or regularity events…..or simply for having fun,
Previously registered in Europe and having been built to a very high standard from a clean US shell. The 2002 are well known to be strong yet light and offer a very sensible alternative to the Escort. Still rear wheel drive, but it’s German built, and pretty bullet proof. Plenty of internal space and a decent size boot too. Good handling, fine performance (now making approx 150 bhp), 5 speed box. With left hand drive, the world of classic events await.
- Original engine rebuilt (2010) by Mannessen Engines in the Netherlands with JE pistons and a rally spec camshaft
- Weber 45 carbs (original Kugelfischer MFI system/manifolds etc included)
- ZF dog-leg 5 speed gearbox
- ‘123’ ignition system
- Limited Slip Diff
- New standard spec shocks and springs (additional set of Bilstein adjustable suspension included)
- Vented discs
- 13″ Minilite style alloys (additional set of Alpina style multi spoke alloys, 1 x set of Cooper winter tyres and 1 x set of Burzet studded ice/snow tyres included)
- Cibie front spots (x 4)
- Motordrive Pro WC2 bucket seats (FIA)
- Safety Devices B001 6-point bolt in full cage
- Schroth Rallye 3A harnesses
- OMP steering wheel
- Brantz International Rallymeter
- Terratrip Professional V2 Plus intercom system
- Fire extinguisher
It is ready to go (though you always have to check the regulations for the event you enter).
With bills for in excess of 35,000 euros spent, plus much spending not recorded, it’s likely to have cost twice what the asking price is.
We can help with any additional preparation or to obtain a HTP if required.
Grab a helmet, grab your passport and do your stuff.
Live miles away?
Reserve over the phone or internet as do many of our customers.
Accurate descriptions, additional pictures, reports and personalised videos provided.
We guarantee that if you reserve a car and it’s not as described when you collect or we deliver (Nationwide), then your deposit is returned in full.
Don’t worry about the distance, have the car you like.
We look forward to your call or email.
|Date of first registration||28th February 1972 in the USA, 1st November 2019 in the UK|
|Model||2002 Tii (USA)|
|Body Style||LHD saloon|
|Engine details||Upgraded and rebuilt 2.0 litre 4 cylinder with Weber carbs|
|Transmission details||ZF dog-leg 5 speed manual|
|Colour||White with blue, rally livery with black interior|
We make buying easy...
FINANCING - competitive options for modern & classic Porsche
PART EXCHANGE - we consider any make of vehicle
DELIVERY - we can deliver to your doorstep
RESERVE - a small deposit secures any car
Just contact Andy for more information
911 Forge Lane,
Moorlands Trading Estate,
PL12 6LX, United Kingdom