A very special Boxster S in a very unusual colour……
These ‘Sport Edition’ 987 came with a long list of standard ‘extras’ and make them very desirable and fabulous to drive.
So what makes a Sport Edition so good……….?
- Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) electronically controls the dampers, continually adjusting to the road conditions ensuring the best handling and comfort at all times.
- Sports Chrono Package gives the option of ‘Sport’ mode; the system modifies the throttle response and engine variables are adapted for a more aggressive driving experience when required.
- Short shifter for precise and direct changes up and down the 6 speed ‘box.
- Sports exhaust for an enhanced soundtrack.
- Sport Design package to refine the aerodynamics and appearance with revised front and spoilers plus diffuser design.
- 19” Carrera Classic alloys.
- Roll over bar in body colour.
- Sports steering wheel.
- Heated Sports seats with extended side bolsters on the backrest and seat.
- Leather seats, dashboards and door trims.
- Red tail lights.
- Stainless steel door entry guards with logo.
- ParkAssist (rear).
- Climate control.
- Cruise control.
- PCM 2 (Porsche Communication Management) including radio and CD player plus navigation and telephone modules.
- BOSE surround sound system.
This Sport Edition has the additional appeal of Macadamia metallic paintwork, a fabulous colour with a shine and lustre that really comes to life in the sun. It’s a colour that needs to be seen ‘in the flesh’ to really appreciate how good it is. The hood is black as is the leather and the carpets inside.
This Boxster has just been in our workshop for a full inspection and service (January 2019). We replaced the coolant crossover pipes and exhausts bolts, jobs often overlooked on other 987 for sale.
Other services were carried out at 27,456 miles, 48,059 miles, 66,529 miles and 77,504 miles.
Complete with 2 keys, book pack, service book and driver’s manual.
To sum up, this is a 987 that not only looks gorgeous, but has the performance, handling and soundtrack to match.
We’ve never seen a Boxster quite like this before and it is unlikely that we will ever see another the same.